This guide gives information about the NRI account opening in Dubai and rest of UAE.
All Non resident Indians ??NRI??s have the option of opening NRI accounts in Dubai. Basically there are two types of NRI accounts-NRE and NRO.
A Non-Resident External (NRE) account is a bank account that??s opened by depositing foreign currency at the time of opening a bank account
A Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) account is the normal bank account opened by an Indian going abroad with the intention of becoming an NRI. An NRI can also open this account by sending remittances from his home country or by transferring funds from his other NRO account.
Each Bank offers different facilities to NRIs . The NRI account interest rates will also vary. If you are planning to open an NRI account, the best option would be to go to your desired bank and check out on the procedures .Nowadays it is common to open accounts by applying online. You will have to submit a few documents, mainly your passport copies, ID proof/copies of your Residence Visa etc,regardless of which bank you approach.
- How to open NRI account in SBI
- ICICI bank NRI account opening
- HSBC NRI account Opening
- Indian Overseas Bank NRI account
- Axis bank NRI account
- South Indian bank NRI account
- CITI NRI account
- Bank of Baroda NRI Account
- State Bank of Travancore NRI account
SBI bank NRI account remittance services fall under the brand name-SBI Express. You can open the following types of accounts
- Foreign Currency Non-Resident Account (FCNR).
- Non-Resident External (NRE) Rupee Account.
- Non-Resident Ordinary Account (NRO).
- Resident Foreign Currency (RFC) Account for returning Indians
You can get the SBI NRI account opening form here.
After filling the form, you have to send it to the branch of your choice with the following documents
- Two passport size photographs attested by you.
- Passport & Residence Visa / ID Card Copies duly attested by Banker / Notary Public / Indian Embassy / A person known to the Bank.
- Initial remittance.
- Signature in the account opening form verified by any one of the following :
- Indian Embassy / Consulate / High Commissioner.
- Your bank abroad.
- A person known to the Bank.
- Notary Public.
Enclosures (any two of the following):
- Cheque drawn on bank account abroad.
- Latest Overseas Bank statement in original.
- Copy of Telephone / Electricity Bill.
- Cancelled paid cheque of your Overseas Bank A/c.
Copy of Proof of Drawing Income / Employee ID / Labour Card.
To get an idea on the SBI NRI account interest rates, please visit
Other Useful links : SBI online NRI account
Contact numbers for SBI-NRI services in UAE
SBI UAE Toll free : 800-091-190-05
|UAE||Al Ahalia Exchange Co. Al Ansari Exchange Co. Al Fardan Exchange Co. Al Rostamani International Exchange Asia Exchange Centre City Exchange Emirates India International Exchange Lulu International Exchange L.L.C. Orient Exchange Co.UAE Exchange Centre Wall Street Exchange Centre||+971 2 6269329 +971 2 6108717 +971-2-6223222 +971 4 6098135 +971 4 2299329 +971 4 3937868 +971 4 2247088 +971 2 6547000 +971 4 2267339 +971 4 2267994 +971 2 4945402 +971 4 2284889|
ICICI offers various facilities like NRE Fixed Account, meNRI and NRI Edge. Most of these are very good investment option for Non Resident Indians. Most of your banking transactions can be done online.
meNRI meNRI is like a two-in-one account; opening one means you get a meACCOUNT from meBANK in the UAE and an ICICI Bank Easy Rupee Account inIndia.
NRE Fixed account
The details of the NRE fixed account can be got from the link below.
HSBC also offers facilities for Non-Resident External (NRE) Rupee Account and Non-Resident Ordinary Account (NRO).Here also there are a number of options available for NRIs and most of the information can be found on their website : http://www.hsbc.co.in/1/2/personal/nri-services/uae
HSBC NRI account opening form can be found here.
HSBC UAE contact
HSBC NRI office in Dubai – M P Murali, Head Global Indian Services, UAE
HSBC NRI contact number – 800 4393 (Toll Free – Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain)
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited,
Mezzanine Floor,Lufthansa Building (NearBusiness Bay Metro Station,Sheikh Zayed Road, towardsAbu Dhabi)
Sheikh Zayed Road,Al Wassel Area, P.O. Box66,Dubai
Fax : 009714 3028599
The Indian Overseas Bank provides excellent facilities to NRIs. IOB NRI account opening form can be found here.
The Axis Bank provides a centralized Help desk exclusively for their services to NRIs.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To open an Axis NRI account you would need a printout of the application form along with the documents required ,an Initial pay in cheque amount for the account opening and send it or personally hand it over to the below address. You can also open the account only if you are above 18 years of age.
Axis Bank Ltd.,
Dubai Representative Office,
Office No. 4, Plot No. 3318-1238, P O Box 122504,
Karama, Near Karama Post Office, Dubai, UAE
Tel: 00971- 4 – 3343688
Fax: 00971- 4 – 3343693
Documents Required for Opening an NRI account
- Application form duly filled and signed
- Copy of latest valid passport
- Proof of address and residence like copy of statement of bank account maintained abroad or a certificate from your employer abroad
- Two passport size photographs
- Initial remittance by way of DD issued by a foreign bank or an exchange company abroad or cheque drawn on a foreign bank in your country of residence
Application form forSouth Indian Bank NRI Account
Al Souk Road, Near Abbra Station,
BurDubai, PB No. 28909,
Al Murar, NearSanMarcoHotel,
Deira, PB No. 28909, Dubai, UAE
Phone: 00971 4 2716452
Fax: 00971 4 2716453
For further information about South Indian Bank Services
Please find the required links to get the application forms and further information for some other banks
You can also check out other banks and the facilities offered for opening NRI accounts in Dubai. Given below is a link to the list of Banks .