Indian passport services in Dubai
An ordinary Indian Passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
Indian passport renewal in Dubai
An application for renewal of passport can be submitted if the final validity of the passport is less than one year. BLS (BLS International Passport Services-UAE) is responsible for Passport Processing Services for Embassy of India in UAE. The applicant has to be physically present at the office to submit the application.
Documents required for Indian Passport renewal in dubai
- Application form – The indian passport renewal form in dubai for various consular services may be downloaded by logging on to the relevant sections of the Embassy of India’s website or from www.ipavsc.com or can be downloaded at BLS website http://blsindiavisa-uae.com/
- It includes Form EAP-1 – one set and the Personal Particulars form in triplicate. If you find it hard to filling the details, it can be done at the BLS offices for a nominal fee of AED 25/ in Deira (202, Dubai National Insurance Building near Deira City Centre) and Bur Dubai (105, Khaleej Centre). They work from 8 am to evening 6.30pm with a one hour interval at noon for lunch break..
- Original Passport
- Indian Passport copy of the passport pages (first, last, address page if separate page, any other endorsement pages and visa page with additional booklets if any)
- Identity Proof –Can be a labor card or any other UAE Identity card.
- If the validity of the present passport expired more than 6 months ago, Sworn Affidavit for late submission, signed by applicant in the presence of Consular Officer is to be produced
- For minors (up to 18 years) parents’ passport copies are required.
- Six photo are required, three to be attached in the EAP-1 and one each in the Personal Particulars form. Photographs should be in colour, against a white background and should be of the size 35 mm X 45 mm. It should have a frontal view, with both ears and chin to forehead being visible. The applicant’s eyes should be open. There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background. The expression on the face should look natural. Photographs should not be older than 6 months. Head coverings are also not allowed except for religious purposes.
Upon submission of all the required documents, the BLS officials will hand over a receipt with a web address and a Tracking number. You can use this number for follow up on your passport. The documents will then be handed over to the Consulate where it will be processed. It will then be sent to you via courier. Nowadays paying an extra AED5 enables receiving updates on tracking the passport through SMS.
Black Ink signature It’s mandatory that the forms are all signed in Black Ink. The signature of the applicant should exactly fit in the prescribed column (4.5 x 1.5 cm). Those who cannot affix their signatures like infants, minors or illiterate should put their thumb impression in the place of signature
Indian Passport Renewal Fees
Passport renewal costs for adults AED 150 Passport renewal costs for Minors AED 100
Indian Passport Tatkal Fees
Emergency services for issue –AED 550 in addition to the Normal Fee.
Approximate time taken for processing and receiving the renewed passport:
5 working days if applied at Abudhabi. Passport issued by other PIAs (Passport Issuing Authorities) and Dubai – 40 days Passport under Tatkal scheme – Maximum 3 working days.
Indian Passport renewal in Abu Dhabi Empost
The management of the Indian Passport and Visa Service Centres (IPAVSCs), which was under Empost since 2009 is no longer valid and is now handled by the BLS International Passport Services.
BLS International Abu Dhabi
Website : http://blsindiavisa-uae.com/
BLS International Abu Dhabi Address
Indian Embassy Plot No. 10
Sector W-59/02 Diplomatic Area
Off the Airport Road
P.O. Box 4090 Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
BLS International Abu Dhabi Contact
Phone : 04-2555530
BLS International Timings
Timings 08.00 AM to 08.00 PM – Saturday to Thursday.
Tokens will be issued 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 6:30 pm