Work permit cancellation should be initiated by the employer or sponsor. If you are working in Free Zone, Free Zone Authority will be the sponsor to apply for visa cancellation. Following are the required set of documents to cancel work permit/labour card.
- Sponsor's passport copy
- Original passport of the sponsored worker
- 3 copies of applications for cancellation (within UAE) prepared by the typing agents, Of which 2 copies for the sponsored worker and 1 copy for DNRD . The application form should have the company's seal and the sponsor's signature.
- Copy of the establishment card.
- Copy of the commercial license.
- Air-ticket fare if the worker is in default, or an entry permit to modify his status.
Application can be submitted at the cancellation and Permits Department at the Ministry HQ in Abu Dhabi or Dubai or the concerned Labour Office.
You find more detail about it in the Procedures for visa Cancellation in Dubai here.