Here is some good news! Dubai officials are easing the restrictions for visiting malls and shopping centers, but there are still rules that you will need to follow.
Here is a brief overview:
- Shopping malls, markets, and commercial outlets will be open to the public from 12 pm to 10 pm daily.
- You will be required to wear a face mask and there will be temperature checks at the entrances.
- In order to reduce crowds, parking will be restricted to only 25% of the normal parking spaces. The first hour of parking in shopping malls will be complimentary; there will be no valet parking.
- Shops and restaurants will be allowed 30% of normal capacity and events are prohibited to avoid crowding.
- Merchandise returns and exchanges will not be allowed unless there is a defect in the item.
- Seniors (age 60 and up) and children age 3-12 years will not be allowed in shopping malls.
- All shopping malls will have a medical isolation room to be used if someone in the mall is suspected to be unwell with the virus.
- You should continue to implement pandemic safe practices like social distancing, not touching your face and surfaces while outside your home, and frequently washing your hands using the recommended method.
The public is still cautioned about visiting shopping malls and should do so only when absolutely necessary. Of course people with underlying health conditions should continue to stear clear of shopping malls and markets and remain at home. And consider that although you may be young and healthy, there may be someone close to you who is at a greater risk.
Be safe, be well, and check out “Live from Dubai” @dubai_calendar on Instagram for music, culinary sessions, workshops and demonstrations from Dubai’s greatest talents.