The legal procedures in Dubai are very strict. Hence foreign nationals cannot enter Dubai with much ease. The visas and permits are subject to stringent procedures. Those who have been denied the entry at any point in time, can rarely enter Dubai later on. It is not necessary that the expatriates are needed to deal with the legal aspects. Almost all the companies, have a person who has the responsibility to walk through the entire process of getting the work visa and residence visa for expatriate workers and their families as well. He will also assist you in case you have to be present there.
Documents needed to enter Dubai
You will need the following documents
- For tourists, the validity of the passport should be at least three months from the date of entering Dubai
- For business personals, it should be at least 6 months from date of entering Dubai
- It would be ideal to carry 4 photocopies of the passport (first and last pages)
- Passport-size photographs – 6 copies
- Marriage certificate of all the family members (if applicable)
- Birth certificates for all family members
Copy of employment contract / tenancy
- This is applicable for people going to Dubai for work. It can be obtained from your employer or sponsor
When you move around in Dubai, you should carry the necessary identification documents like the passport or national ID card( if you have one), as well as the entry and residence visas. There would be sudden inspections and you are required to produce the documents to prove that your stay in Dubai is legal. There will also be checking in the companies to find the workers who are not legally employed.
Compared to many other countries in the Middle East, Dubai if a very peaceful place if we abide by the rules. It is very open to the different cultures of the world and they welcome all wholeheartedly.