Have you ever dreamt of flying on Aladdin’s magic carpet over the Arabian desert. Floating gently in air with a breath taking view of golden sand dunes, emerald green oasis, villages & farms dotted with camels and gazelles. Bathing in the morning golden rays of sun, breaking through the horizon while a mild cool breeze blowing against you…
A Childhood Dream coming true in UAE
Well, the hot air balloon rides in UAE can bring your dream alive. The one hour ride at the day break provide you with a 360 degree view of the amazing UAE landscape. This desert cum sky adventure give you a complete balloon ride experience with inflation of balloon, lift off, piloting and landing in desert.
A guide for hot air ballooning in Dubai
The balloon rides operators are based in Dubai and operate throughout the year except for the summer months of June to late September. They fly over the beautiful desert between Al – Ain and Dubai during the daybreak.
Hot Air Balloon Dubai Timing & Price
There will be free pick up and drop off facility from major hotels of Dubai. Pick up timings may vary between 4:30 am – 6:00 am depending on sunrise. Package also include light refreshments / breakfast, a personalized memento with the breathtaking experience of balloon ride . The complete trip will take around 4-5 hours.It cost you , approximately 1000 AED per person. Children above 5 years are also allowed with lesser price.
Hot Air Balloon Dubai : Booking
You can book the rides in advance directly with the operators. There are options for booking exclusive balloons for a couple or a group. Rates may vary accordingly. Currently there are two operators in Dubai providing this carpet ride balloon experience.
- Amigos Balloons: They are the first operator in UAE and started their operation in 2002.
- Balloon Adventure UAE: They started their operation in 2005 in UAE and has over 20 years of experience in other countries like New Zealand, Hungary and Germany.
(For more details about their rates and availability, Click on the Names of the operators listed.)
You can even gift this experience to your friends or relatives.
NOTE: The hot air balloon ride is regulated by the GCAA (General Civil Aviation Authority) of UAE. It is mandatory for the operator to provide necessary insurance for the travelers in case of any incidents.
Hot Air Balloon Dubai : Tips
- Ideal conditions for ballooning is when there is light wind, good visibility and no rain. In case of noticeable weather change, its advisable to reschedule your trip. Full refund provided by the operator in case of cancellation due to bad weather
- It is ideal to put on casual outdoor clothing, flat sole shoes, sunglasses and jacket (preferred during winter).
- Hat are highly recommended for protection from the heat of the balloon burners.
- Try to stay at the edge of the basket.
- Don’t forget to take your best camera.
- There are no restrooms during these 4-5 hours, so be well prepared before pick up.
In your next visit to UAE, don’t forget to include balloon rides along with your favourite activities like shopping, cruising, desert safari..