To visit any of the countries which come under the Schengan Area, you will need to obtain a Schengan visa.
The Schengan Countries include:
How to apply
Processing of Schengan visas in Dubai has been outsourced to VFS Global by almost all the Schengan countries. You have to be a UAE resident in order to apply for a Schengan visa in Dubai. Once you decide the country of your stay, the procedure starts by applying to the Embassy/Consulate office of that country in Dubai
- Fill in your application and get your documents ready.
- Visit the Visa Application Centre in Dubai and submit the application as well as other documents asked for.
- Pay the required fee (The Visa Application center accepts only cash) and get the receipt.
- After this you will be given a date for an interview at the Consulate of the country you are applying to. There will be a Biometric test as well, so it is mandatory that you visit the Consulate in person on the specified date. Be sure to be right on time.
- The consulates/Embassy will return your passport after processing to the Visa Application Centre in Dubai.
- You can opt to collect your passport either directly from the Visa Application Centre in Dubai. Or you can have it sent to you via courier. This should be specified at the consulate at the time of application.
- You also have a choice to receive SMS updates on the status of your visa processing.
- The applicant’s passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the intended stay in any of the Schengan countries and there should be at least two empty pages available in the passport for visa and/or permit sticker and other stamps during the travel. A new passport must be obtained before submission of your application, if these conditions are not met.
- If you plan to visit more than one of the above countries, apply to the Embassy of the country where you will be staying the longest.
- If you are staying for an equal duration in each country, apply to the Embassy of the country you are going to enter first.
- You may be called for a personal interview or asked to provide additional documents by any of the Consulates.
For visitors to France http://www.vfsglobal-fr-ae.com/index.html To know further details, please visit the below link; Here you will get information about the visa type, applicable fee, documents required, Visa application form etc. http://www.vfsglobal-fr-ae.com/allaboutvisa.html For Germany http://www.vfsglobal-de-ae.com/allaboutyourvisas.html
Each Consulate provides a Tracking system online as well. For France https://www.visaservices.org.in/France-dubai-Tracking/trackyourapplication.html For Germany: https://www.visaservices.org.in/germany-uae-tracking/
If you wish to avoid the Visa Application center Services, you can also go directly to the Consulates directly after getting a prior appointment and submit your applications.
Joint Visa Application Center Showroom No 2 Ground Floor Jumeirah Palms Residence (Next to Capitol Hotel & Dubai Bank) Al Mina Road Al Hudaiba Plot 321 – 148 P O Box 114100 Dubai, UAE Tel: +971 4 3455461 http://www.vfsglobal-svac-ae.com/
Did you know?
The name "Schengen" originates from a small town in Luxembourg where in March 1995, seven European Union countries signed a treaty to end internal border checkpoints and controls. Now there are 22 countries who have agree that anyone with a Schengan visa can travel freely within the region without interference at the borders!