Are you a frequent flyer?? Are you fed up of waiting in long queues at the airport?? Then you should get an eGate card
With an eGate card you can skip the long immigration queue and finish the immigration in just three to five minutes.You just need to
- go to the eGate
- swipe your card
- touch the panel to match your fingerprint
and thats all.. you're done.
The eGate is issued by DNRD in association with the Department of Civil Aviation. In UAE,the facility is available at Dubai Airport, Abu Dhabi Airport and Al Ain Airport right now. More airports will be available later.
The applicant for an e-gate card should appear in person to avail the facility
- Original passport (with at least 6 month’s validity).
- You must be either a UAE citizen or an expatriate holding a resident visa.
- Passport photograph
- Submit documents
- Do a finger-print ID
This procedure takes only about 5-10 minutes and the fee is AED 200 per card. The validity of eGate Card is two years only. A similar procedure and fees are required for renewal.
Availability of eGate Card
- Dubai Airport
- Abu Dhabi Airport and Al Ain Airport
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Al Ain Naturalization Departments
- From DNRD Jebel Ali Branch
- DNRD Abu Hail Office
- DNATA Dubai Airline Centre, Sheikh Zayed Road. Call 04-3166966 for information.
- With an HSBC-Etihad Credit Card