Do you want to bring your parents to stay with you in Dubai? Then you need to get residence visa for them. UAE expatriate is eligible to apply for residence visa for their parents/parents-in-law only if they
- have a valid resident visa
- have a minimum salary of AED 19,000 with accommodation / salary of AED 20,000 without accommodation
For those who have salary lower than this can approach the Humanitarian Desk at DNRD, who will deal with individual cases on a humanitarian basis.
You should obtain a entry permit visa,which is the first stage before you apply for a residence visa. Also,you need to obtain a medical insurance policy for each parent with minimum coverage of AED 600 per year.
Documents required for entry permit visa
- Typed application form
- Original passport of sponsor
- Passport copy of parent/s & 1 photo
- Proof of relationship from your embassy/consulate attesting both relationship and that you are sole provider for your parent/s
- Copy of job contract for the sponsor or salary certificate from employer.
You also need to submit (new requirement)
- DEWA bill
- our tenancy contract showing you have adequate space in your house for your parents (minimum 2 bedroom apartment).
You need to get it stamped by the Land deparment. If your tenancy contract doesn't mention that you have at least 2 bedrooms,get an affidavit from landlord and submit it as well.
- Go to General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai and submit all documents along with a letter requesting entry visa for your parents.
- If your application is approved,have a registered typist complete the form.
- Go to the residency section of DNRD and submit the documents.
Normally the entry permit will be sent within 48 hours.
Fees applicable for entry permit visa
- AED 2,000 refundable deposit
- AED 110 application fee + typing centre fee
Once your parents enter the country,you should convert entry visa to residence visa within 60 days from date of entry.
Documents required for residence visa
- Application form & 3 photos of parent
- Original passport of parent/s and sponsor
- Original entry permit
- Health card or medical insurance policy for parent/s
- Refundable deposit receipt
- Original job contract or salary certificate of the sponsor
- AED 110 residency fees each year + typing centre fee
- AED 10 Empost fees
- Do a health check up and obtain a medical card.
- Go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai and submit the documents.
- Have one of the typists there complete the form for you after paying the fees.
- Go to the residency section and submit the documents.
The passport/s with the residency visa stamp will be sent to you through Empost.