The Emirates Identity Card is used as a National ID card, provided by Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA), a federal government organization. For UAE residents, the card validity depends on the work visa validity. It’s mandatory that you renew your ID card on time. The ID cards are mandatory for Emiratis to get a driving license, and to register and re-register a vehicle. The card will eventually be used as a regional passport, health card and a credit card for government-related financial transactions.
To renew your identity card, you will have to follow the following steps.
Book an online appointment or visit one of the EIDA service centers.You will have to fill out the renewal form which is an e-form..You can also take assistance from the typing centers at the Registration/service centers to fill your form.
Documents to be submitted for UAE residents
- Original valid passport
- Residence or entry visa
- Expired ID card
Children below 15:
- Documents required for each group
- Colored passport-size (4.5 x 3.5 cm) photo with white background
Renewal of ID card for residents (for each year of residence) costs AED 100 plus AED 20 for delivery.
You will receive your ID card through the PO Box or any office of Emirates Post.
Points to be noted
- Legal fees of typing centers are AED 30
- Keep your appointment at the Service centre .If you miss it twice in a row, the authorities will get your form and fees cancelled.
- Keep the financial receipt you receive from the Service center which proves that you filled in the e-Form.
- To get a single appointment for all family members at the same Service Point, you need to ask theTypingCenterstaff to link these transactions together so that all family members can go to the same Service Point on the same date
- To change the registration date, contact 6005-30003
- Do not forget to collect your passport from the Service center.
Latest update from EIDA
On 24/01/2012, in statements to Al Ittihad newspaper, Al Khouri, the Emirates ID Director General ,said: “Effective from next month, nationals and residents can renew their cards and receive them immediately after filling out the renewal application form and paying the required fees, initially in 4 centers inAbu Dhabi,Dubai and Sharjah.” This step aims at saving the time of customers with respect to card delivery procedures, as there will be no need to go to the post office to pick up the renewed cards.
Registration centers across the country
Abu Dhabi Al Mashrif Registration Centre
Masafa Street, Al Mashrif Tel: 02 4046688 Working hours: Sun-Thru (7:30am-10pm) & Sat (8am-2pm)
Al Ain Registration Centre Shaikh Zayed Street, Al Jehali 16 Tel: 03 7550777 Working hours: Sun-Thru (7:30am-10pm) & Sat (8am-2pm)
Al Barsha Registration Centre Near Jebel Ali horse course
Tel: 04 2651542
Working hours: Sun-Thru (7:30am-10pm) & Sat (8am-2pm)
Sharjah Registration Centre Tawoon Mall Tel: 06 7554000 Working hours: Sun-Thru (7:30am-10pm) & Sat (8am-2pm)
Ajman Registration Centre Behind the immigration building Tel: 06 7484777 Working hours: Sun-Thru (7:30am-10pm) & Sat (8am-2pm)
For further details, please visit: