In Dubai,you have to renew your car registration once in every year. For the first year, the dealer will handle all the formalities if you have bought a new vehicle. But you will have renew the car from next year onwards.
UAE residents will be able re-register their vehicles from anywhere in the country, irrespective of the origin of their documents or the vehicle.
It is also possible to renew your car registration through selected insurance companies like
- Noor Takaful
- Oman Insurance
- Fujairah Insurance
- RSA Insurance
They use the same procedures and online facilities that are being used by the RTA’s customer service centres and other approved agents like Tasjeel, Tamam etc.
- Motor vehicle insurance certificate
- Old registration card
- “Passed” car test certificate
- Pay all the fines incurred. You can check and pay fine online through Dubai Police website
- Go to the Traffic Department or to Tasjeel Eppco, Emarat Shamil or Belhasa's Wasel to have the car tested. New vehicles are exempted from test for 2 consecutive years.
- Pay the fees
- Wait for your registration card (valid for one year). Show the bank clearance certificate if your car is no longer financed by a bank.
- Take a sticker with the new registration expiry date and place it over the old one (on the rear number plate)
- Car test AED 120
- Registration AED 340
Important Contact numbers
EPPCO Tasjeel 800 4258
Online Vehicle License Renewal Steps
- Pass the vehicle test, if the vehicle is commercially used or over than 3 year.
- Contact your insurance company to renew your vehicle insurance.
- Log onto www.rta.ae, select Drivers & Vehicles with your RTA User ID & Password.Note: there is another way to perform this process by Logging onto RTA website and then select the link “Drivers & Vehicles” → vehicle renewal → ( “traffic file verification” window will open to insert data by plate number or driving license) → then you can have access to all licensing e-services.
- Pay fines & fees by a credit card.
- Print your temporary registration notice immediately.
- Receive the permanent registration card by courier or collect it from your PO Box or RTA.
For more information, visit RTA website. Or call RTA's toll free number on 8009090.