There are a few requirements that needs to be followed when submitting the application for Passport Renewal for the Embassy of India in Abu Dhabi:
Documents required for Indian passport renewal in Abu Dhabi
The application should be submitted in person. Those below 5 years need not be present
- Original passport has to be submitted to avail the different services.
- Photo ID Proof : The applicant has to submit a proof for Photo Identification when they apply for any passport service.
- Personal Particulars Form : If you require to renew or re-issue your passport and your current passport is issued by the Passport Issuing Authorities (PIA) in India, the Personal Particulars Form has to be submitted along with the application.
Photocopy of the passport has to be submitted
- The first two pages
- Last page
- Page containing a valid visa
- Pages containing any other valid information
Indian Passport Photo
- Should be in colour
- Background should be white
- Indian Passport photo size : 35 mm X 45 mm
- Frontal view of the applicant, with both ears and chin to forehead should be visible.
- Eyes should be open.
- No distracting shadows on face or on the background.
- Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
- The expression on the face should be natural.
- Photographs should not be older than 6 months.
Proof of Residence : If the applicant has a residence visa other than Abu Dhabi or Al Ain, he should submit a proof of residence in Abu Dhabi. It could be any one of:
- A letter from the company in the company letter head, stating the he is working Abu Dhabi or Al-Ain branch
- Tenancy contract in Abu Dhabi or Al-Ain
- Bills of Etisalat or Gas connection in Abu Dhabi or Al-Ain.
- Sworn Affidavit : If it is more than 6 months since the passport has been expired, a Sworn Affidavit has to be submitted explaining the circumstances and the reasons for late renewal. It has to be signed by the applicant in the presence of the Consular Officer.
Indian passport renewal form Abu Dhabi
The Indian Passport renewal form in Abu dhabi is EAP form 1 and can be downloaded from the link provided. If the previous passport was issued by other Passport Issuing Authorities other than Abu Dhabi, then you will also need to submit a Personal Particulars form and its copy.
Passport Renewal in Abu Dhabi – Application Form Filling
- The application for Indian passport should be filled in legibly.
- The application should be filled in the prescribed format and it has to be complete in all respects
- All columns should be filled in correctly and no column should be left unfilled
- The information provided in the application should be correct and clear.
- The signatures in the application should be affixed using a black ball point pen. Infants, minors or illiterate can put their thumb impression instead of their signatures.
- The signature of the applicant should be contained exactly in the given boxed column (4.5 x 1.5 cm).
- You also need to ensure that the columns for surname and given name has to filled in appropriately.
- The complete postal address along with the zip code should be entered in the permanent address in India column.
Abu Dhabi Indian passport renewal – Validity of Passport
An ordinary passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. The Passport Issuing Authority (PIA) can also shorten the duration when issuing the passports for any reason. If the validity of the passport is less than 10 years, it can be renewed for up to a maximum period of ten years without paying any additional fee. The validity of the passport of minors is 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
Fee for Renewal of Indian passport in Abu Dhabi
The completed passport application has to be submitted to to the Embassy of India Abu Dhabi, along with the with appropriate fees. The fee for renewal and other passport related services is prescribed by the Indian Government. The Normal fee issuing an Indian Passport for an adult is Dhs.285/- and for minors up to age upto 18 is Dhs.190/. For issuing the Indian Passport under Emergency service (Tatkal Scheme), a an additional payement of Dhs.570/- should be provided by the applicant. The validity of Passport Issued under the Tatkal Scheme is at the sole discretion of issuing authorities at Embassy Of India, Abu Dhabi and Counsel General Of India, Dubai.
Indian passport Services Submissions
- Applications from Abu Dhabi residents can be submitted at Abu Dhabi or Al Ain Indian Passport & Visa Service Center (IPAVSC).
- Applications from the residents of Dubai and other Northern Emirates of UAE can be submitted at IPAVSC other than Abu Dhabi or Al Ain.
Indian passport Legal Aspects
- It is an offence to provide false information in the application.
- It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
- Passport facilities will be denied if you submit incorrect particulars or you willfully damage or lose your passport or if you change or tamper with it.
- The Passport can also be impounded or revoked if you violate one or more provisions of the Passport Act.