UAE is fulfilled with ports… Dubai has an important port known as port Rashid. Port Rashid is situated in the shore of Arabian Gulf (Persian Gulf).
History of Port Rashid
It is named after Sheikh Rashid, the ruler of Dubai, the one who activated it. Earlier in Dubai all cargo procedures had taken place in another port called Jebel Ali port. When Port Rashid was in full swing it has become one of the most exclusive and speed terminal. Today Port Rashid has become one of the busiest carriers for the luggages, parcels, like car, home appliances or anything that has to be transported.
Port Rashid Facilities
Port Rashid offers some good facilities. It has well equipped cranes which can handle all types of containers, parcels. It handles all types of shipping activities and has the largest shipping capacity with 103 berths. It has a storage space for approximately 20,000 standard containers.
Port Rashid Cruise Terminal
Port Rashid turned to a cruise terminal also. (Cruise means big ships like Titanic). The Cruise Terminal was opened in 2001 and is located near to Port Rashid. It can handle more than 2 ships at a time. Cruising is becoming a major part of holidays. The cruise tourism plays a crucial role in the over all growth and development of the tourism industry in the Emirates. This is the only cruise terminal in the world operated by government department of tourism,that means it can provide extra attention to every visitor and increase the experience including certified tour guides and a swift entry system with no visa issues for visitors.
It provides extra security system, well appointed VIP lounges. It provides a snacks bar and a lunch facility; in the business center they provide internet facility, money exchange office, an ATM center, conference room, retail shops, information and help desk service and a beautiful garden! More than these, there is another attraction; there are two shopping shuttles for the travelers. The harbor is very big. It’s only a 15 min drive from the Dubai International Airport. Another pet name for this fabulous place is Mina Rashid.
Driving Directions to Port Rashid and Cruise Terminal
- After you get down from the Dubai international airport drive approximately 100 meters to the traffic
- Then take a turn to left and drive up to 200 meters and the flyover shows the direction of Jebel Ali port and Abu Dhabi.
- Cross Al Grarhour Bridge and follow the directional signals to Port Rashid.
- At last round about, turn right, you can see the main cargo gates of Port Rashid.
- Drive through the gates and follow the signs to the passenger Cruise Terminal.
- Then go straight past the roundabout and turn left at the traffic signal.
- Again you go straight you can see the cruise terminal.
Port Rashid Contact Details
PO.Box17000 Dubai United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 4 8811110 Fax: +971 4 8811331 Email: email@example.com