Are you thinking of moving to Dubai? Then you need a resident visa because Dubai citizenship through naturalization is not permitted.
Resident visa is also known as employment visa, as people move in to Dubai for employment. The sponsorship is done by the company and the Public Relation Officer of the company executes it. It is legally valid for three years and it is renewable if the company intends to continue your sponsorship. As part of application process, the employee must undergo medical examination and get a medical Card which cost around AED 300(subject to variation – please check the official website).
You can also get a resident visa by buying a property in Dubai. Such owners can directly contact the immigration department and can apply for the same.
Family Visa – Husband & Wife Sponsorship
Those who have a salary of AED 4000 or AED 3000 plus accommodation are eligible for resident visa and can bring their wife and children or those who immediately depend on you. The salary limit may vary as there are many such proposals in the pipeline, so please ensure it by visiting the government websites. Spouses can sponsor each other in the case if one of them is working. To elaborate, husband can sponsor his wife and the criterion is the salary slot mentioned above. However, in the case where the wife is the sponsor, she should have a salary of AED 5000 and there is a list of professions which allows this sponsor.
It is also noted that immigration department stipulates on some job categories a deposit of AED 5000 in the sponsorship of each member.
Documents Required for Resident Visa
- Application form which is typed.
- Attested work contract for private employees and salary certificate for government employees.
- Attested marriage certificates
- Passports (original) and copies of both sponsor and family members
- Medical Certificate of spouse or children above the age of 15.
- Passport size photos required 3
Procedure for the Resident Visa
- The sponsor should take the applicant for medical check up and get a medical certificate.
- Visit any authorized typing center and get the application form typed and also pay the required fees.
- Visit DNRD and submit application form with all the prescribed documents and get the visa stamped.
Fees for the Resident Visa
- AED 310 Application fee + typing fees per family member
- AED 15 Empost label (Optional)
Please click on the link below for more information :