Lost Your driving license?? Don’t panic and just don’t drive around with the copy of your license.Give your car some rest!! Replacing a lost driving license is very easy and won’t take long to get it done.
- Go to any RTA (Road & Transport Authority) branch and apply for a replacement.
- Take copy of following documents along with you
- residency visa
- Emirates Identity card
- If your original license is more than five years, you may have to take a new eye test from any of RTA-approved eye-sight testing partner.
- If you want to get your photo updated, you have to submit two passport-sized photos.
- If you have any traffic fines,you may need to settle that too.
In some cases, a certificate of loss from police is also required.
You can also apply for this service online at RTA website and have your license card collected from the designated place.
The RTA has also installed self-service kiosks which will renew and issue new driving licenses and vehicle ownership or registration cards (mulkiya), including for customers who have lost or damaged cards. It uses Emirate ID card to verify the customer’s identity. In case of any technical issues, a built-in camera and a telephone are set to offer instant audio-visual support to customers.The device will be available at the customer service centres at Deira, Umm Al Ramool, and Al Barsha, as well as Al Tawar Registration Center, Union Station, and the Dubai Airport.The machines can also answer traffic fine enquiries and accept payments for them.
AED 110 – for replacing a lost/damaged drivers license fees.
AED 10 – knowledge fees.
Contact RTA Call Center – 8009090 for more information.