A Domestic helper’s visa can be cancelled either at the airport or in advance through DNRD.
Pay a visit to the DNRD along with the maid/domestic worker. The immigration department handles all cases like this. They will provide a visa cancellation form known as residence cancel form. This has to be filled out and typed correctly. Fees would come to AED 70 excluding typing fees. Upon submitting the required documents, two cancellation receipts will be provided. One is to be handed to the Domestic helper to submit at the Airport and the other should be kept with the Employer/Sponsor to collect the deposit.
If the visa is to be cancelled directly at the airport, go to the DNRD office near Customs and Immigration counter after obtaining a boarding pass. Pay about AED 100 and get the residence cancelled.
- Passport of the maid/domestic worker (Original and Copy)
- Labor card of the maid/domestic worker
- One way ticket for the maid/domestic worker, back to her home country.
- Passport of the Sponsor (Original and Copy)
- Visa Cancellation form which has been filled out properly
- Documentary proof of salary record (bank transfer, purchases etc) paid to the maid.
Before the final exit of the maid/domestic worker, there will be a round of individual/joint briefing and EXIT INTERVIEW on any working day between 1400 pm to 1530 pm (Ramadan timings: 1330 – 1445hrs).
Refund of Security Deposit
A request for refund may be made in writing by the employer/sponsor in person along with the employed staff. The application for the refund will be processed provided NO DUES are confirmed with the maid. Employers are advised to transfer wages and dues – to the extent possible – by verifiable means with a documentary trail and retain salary slip/transfer details that may be required at the time of EXIT interview.
The Security Deposit would be refunded
- on termination of the contract; or
- at any time by mutual consent of the employer and FHSW.
If the Consulate has to retain any expenditure on her accommodation, food, local transportation and airfare to the home country, these expenses will be deducted from the Security Deposit and the balance amount refunded to the employer/sponsor. Make sure The maid/domestic worker signs a document stating that she has received all her dues.
Check in the maid/domestic worker early and obtain boarding pass.
Approach the airport immigration counter with the maid. Provide the maid/domestic worker’s boarding pass, labour card, and passport to cancel visa. The labour card will be retained there. They will ask to verify the sponsor’s passport also.
All queries may be addressed to
Timings for Cancellation of Registration of Housemaids & submission of application for refund of security deposit
1400-1530 hrs (Ramadan timings: 1330 – 1445hrs)
DNRD offices are open Sunday to Thursday 08:00-20:00. Some of the main offices include:
- Main Office– next to Bur Dubai Police Station/Trade Centre Roundabout in Al Jafiliya
- Abu Hail Centre– near Hamriya Port/Palm Gate in Deira
- Jebel Ali– Jebel Ali Port
- Hatta Centre– near Hesan Hatta Hotel
- Bin Sougat Centre– Bin Sougat Centre in Al Rashidiya
- DNATA– inside DNATA main office next to Clock Tower Roundabout in Deira
DNRD contact information:
Tel: 800 5111 / 04 313 9999 (both 24 hours)