Passengers with special needs are given prime importance at the Dubai Airport.Close attention is given to disabled passengers and the Airport authorities ensure that all facilities are accessible to such passengers also. It is their policy that the special needs passengers are ensured of a stress-free journey.
While traveling, Passenger requests for using wheelchairs or any other special services must be informed clearly to the travel agents or directly to all the airlines in the itinerary of the disabled passenger to avoid inconvenience. Also it will help the airport authorities to prepare in advance for a hassle free journey. If the disabled passenger has a companion, this should also be informed earlier as the airlines can arrange for them to be seated nearby.We will have a look at the facilities offered at the Dubai Airport.
Special Services include:
A specially trained DCA –Dubai Civil Aviation Team (“Reaya”) which provides efficient services to all passengers. They focus on Special needs passengers.
- DCA provides dedicated disabled car parking spaces.
- Free valet parking for holders of disabled parking permits at the airport is available.
- Special parking facilities are offered for passengers with disabled parking permits.
- Wheelchair accessible desks are available in the Departure Halls (between Row A & B).
- Electric carts run to transport disabled passengers along the Sheikh Rashid Departures concourse.
- Dedicated hotel rooms can be arranged specially for the disabled.
- A dedicated lounge at the Arrival halls is provided for convenience and rest.
- Special assistance services for Passengers with Restricted Mobility (PRM) are provided.
- Visitor passes and other assistance are arranged for those escorting minors traveling alone and disabled passengers to the Departure zone.
- The Protocol and Public Relations Department provides governmental departments with free reception services for visiting delegates including special needs members.
- On-board’ services are given to passengers at Dubai Airport with special needs on all airlines.
- Personalized services upon request are provided by DCA.
- Slip ways are provided on the perimeter roads of Dubai Airport
- Pedestrian crossings are at road level.
- Majority of the access doors operate automatically at the Dubai Airport.
- Drinking fountains, Check-in desks and counters, Lifts and Boarding gates are wheelchair accessible.
- Toilets and restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Porters are ready to help passengers with special needs.
- Club cars for traveling through the Dubai Tunnels make it easier.
- Access ramps are built between Departure food courts for easy access.
- 24-Hr transport with wheel chair accessibility can be arranged to travel from the Airport through out the city.
- A reduced waiting time service for passengers with special needs helps greatly to avoid queues and discomfort.
- Special needs services and assistance are available to all Hajj passengers.
- Quality service on behalf of The Dubai Health Department is assured for all medical emergencies.
For any special assistance help at Terminal 1 and 2, please contact the help desk at Dubai Airport on
(+971) 04 216 2016.
While traveling through Terminal 3 on Emirates Airline, please contact Emirates Special Services on
+971 4 505 7119 or +971 4 505 5053
The Golden Class meet-and-assist service (tel: (0)2 575 7466) is available to provide personal assistance.
For more information
DNATA Special Services:
(+971) 4 216 4617
(+971) 4 216 4615
Website : http://www.dubai-airport.info/