Any processing of the Indian passport in UAE is done by the BLS International Passport Services. If you require to add your spouse name in the Indian Passport, you have to visit the submission counter of the BLS-UAE at the Indian passport application center with the documents mentioned below and the required fee.
Documents for endorsement of spouse name in Indian Passport
Application in EAP II Form
- Fill in the form with Dark Blank Ink
- Signature should be put in the box provided and should not touch the border of the box.
Photgraphs – 3
- The photos should not be older than three months
- You should not wear any uniform when taking the photo
- You should preferably wear a dark attire
- It should contain the frontal view (51mm X 51mm).
- Ears and forehead to chin has to be completely visible.
- The background should be white or light background with DARK
- Current Passport
Photocopy of the following passport pages of your passport
- first & last page
- Address page, if it is a separate page
- any other pages which has an endorsement
- Visa page with additional booklets, if any.
- If your spouse has a passport, copies of the above mentioned pages of their passport are also required.
- Original attested by Home Department of the concerned State in India where the marriage is registered.
- Photocopy – 1 copy
- If married outside India, the marriage certificate should be attested from an Indian mission of that country.
- If (a) Marriage certificate is not attested by Home Department of the concerned State (b) both husband and wife are Indian citizens & (c) if both husband and wife are present, then a Joint Sworn Affidavit from the Dubai Indian Consulate should be signed in the presence of the consular,
Copy of the Photo ID card – 1 copy.
It could be any one of the following:
- Driving License
- Emirates Id Card
- Health Card
- Labour Card
- Election Commission card etc.
- It could be any one of the following:
- Personal Particulars Form(in Triplicate with pasted photos) has to be submitted if the passport is issued by other Passport Issuing Authorities.
Fee for endorsement of Spouse name in Indian Passport in Dubai
A fee of AED 114 would be charged for the service
Time Required for endorsement of Spouse name in Indian Passport
It would take 5 working days for the process.
Any changes which has to be made in the passport should be accompanied with the relevant proof. You also require to submit the application in person to establish physical identity. If you hold a visa of Abu dhabi or Al Ain, you will have to provide an address proof like a Tenancy Contract.