While on a trip for relaxation, what you don’t need is the unnecessary tension. Taking a travel insurance package will be a big relief especially for frequent travelers. If you get yourself and your family members insured, the responsibility of getting you back to your home safely after your trip lies mainly with the Insurance Company.
The most commonly seen Travel Insurance packages in Dubai consist of
- Accident Insurance during your Trip and stay away from home.
- Health insurance during travel
- Lost luggage while traveling or at the destination place.
- Trip interruption insurance (This is for when you have to return home earlier than expected due to genuine reasons. Medical evacuation is also covered.)
- Trip cancellation insurance( most companies offer trip cancellation refunds in cases of unexpected health problems, natural calamities etc which are very helpful in recovering your expenses)
- Accidental Death is also covered in most policies.
Points to be noted when taking up a policy
- Before deciding on which policy to take, you have to research well on the subject and check out all the policy benefits offered by different companies.
- Decide on the best companies and compare their quotes.
- List out the features they offer and cross check if they match your requirements.
- Make sure the premium plans are affordable and reasonable.
- You are expected to let the Insurance Company know of any serious ailments /pre existing conditions you or any family member to be insured, suffer from before taking Insurance cover.
- Once decided on the Insurance Company, inform them of your travel plans, destinations and Hotel/Cottage accommodations and verify if they provide cover and 24/7 assistance /support.
- Consult with the Insurance Company if they provide cover for lost luggage, theft during travel, missing your flight and other unexpected/emergency situations.
- If you are a frequent traveler, get a policy with annual cover which will be more suitable.
- Declare and insure your valuables separately.
Travel Insurance Providers in Dubai
AXA Insurance (Gulf) B.S.C. (c) WAFI Residential Centre – Ground Floor, Opposite Dubai Health Care City, Oud Metha Road – United Arab Emirates Tel +971 4 429 4085
Fax +971 4 324 2375 www.axa-gulf.com/
HSBC Travel Insurance
Dubai Customer Branch Office Location: Ground Floor, Office Court, Oud Metha Road Opening Hours: 8am to 5pm, Sunday to Thursday Email: email@example.com https://www.rsadirect.ae/Content/FAQ.asp#Travel
National General Insurance Head Office, Dubai National General Insurance Co. (PSC) PO Box 154 Dubai – UAE Levels Ground, 3, 5, 6, UP House, Port Saeed Street, Deira Dubai Tel: +9714 – 211 5800 , Fax: +9714 250 2854 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Web site: www.NGi.ae
Dubai Branch NGi, PO Box 154, Dubai Mezzanine Floor, Al Wadi Building Next to Al Mazaya Centre, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai Tel: +9714 34 39 765, Fax: +9714 34 39 874 http://www.ngi.ae/ngi/PersonalLine/travel.htm
MetLife Alico Customer Care Crescent Tower Bldg, 10th Floor P.O. Box 5984 Sharjah – UAE firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.metlifealico.ae/en/Individual/Find-Our-Products/Travel-Insurance/index.html
Methaq Takaful Insurance Company Dubai, AW Rostamani Building, 8th Floor, Al-Ittihad Road, Deira, P.O. Box 186964 Ph: +971 4 2601 601 Fax: +971 4 2601 600 E: email@example.com
Al Khazna Insurance Company Business Avenue Bldg Office # 106 (First Floor) P.O.Box 8953 Dubai U.A.E Tel +971 4 294 4088 Fax +971 4 294 4433
You can find further information on the Insurance companies in Dubai at http://www.einsuranceprofessional.com/uaeindex.html