Muscat in Oman is one of the most popular nearby spot visited by people in Dubai during holidays.You can see long traffic queue at Omani border during long weekends and holidays like Eid holidays, national day holiday etc.
You can travel from Dubai to Muscat by
- Airlines like Emirates, Etihad Airways, Fly Dubai, Air Arabia and Oman Air provides plenty of low-cost flights as well as travel and tour packages for reasonable rates.
- Car, Bus Hire by Tour package providing companies, Bus service by Oman National Transport Company
- Boat Cruise
Some travel tips:-
- If you are travelling by road using car or bus, total time taken will be 4-5 hrs.
- If a car, better be a 4 wheeler or new sedan car and don’t forget to take the insurance document for the car in Oman.You will be asked for it at the Oman border.
- Plan your trip carefully, as petrol stations are very much less on the route.
- Book your hotel in advance as it will be difficult to get hotel accommodation in your desired hotels at a reasonable rate during public holidays.
- If you have valid UAE residence visa, then there is no need to take visit visa for Muscat in advance. You will get “visa on arrival” when you submit the following documents at the Oman border.
- Valid residence visa of UAE
- Valid passport (Not less than six months).
- Insurance document for your car in Oman ( You can buy Oman insurance coverage from UAE-OMAN border check post if your vehicle insurance doesn??t have Oman coverage).
- Teachers, doctors, Engineers, Businessmen, lawyers anyone who has a professional occupation are allowed to cross the border on payment of Dh50. Dh35 should be paid at UAE Exit point.
- Those who do other jobs, such as in the Service industry, Construction or Sales, Receptionist… would not be allowed. They should get the visa stamped on their Passport from Oman Consulate in Dubai or Oman Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
- Your UAE visa must be valid for at least six months and the passport has at least six-month validity.
- Tourists who do not live in the UAE are only granted access if they have passports from EU countries, the US or Australia.
Dubai – Oman Borders
- Hatta Border ?? Wajaja border (Take Oman Hatta road parallel to Dragon Mart ?? international city. Approximately 145 kilometres from Dragon Mart)
- Al Ain border with Oman connecting Buraimi (As per recent restrictions only for UAE nationals)
- Jebel Hafeet border ?? Al Ain
- Khatmat Malaha- Fujairah
- If you want to go to Musandam (Kasab ?? Oman) then take Ras Al Khaimah border.
For more information visit Royal Oman Police Website.